Terms & Conditions
1. The Product Definition
Trivia Service with Final Prize is an informative and entertaining text and web based service that Ethio Telecom customers can enjoy.
Interested users who are subscribed to the Trivia Service will earn points upon playing quiz. The user must select the correct response and send the corresponding number 1 or 2 or the options verbatim.
The PROGRAMME will be open to residents of Ethiopia that are subscribers of Ethiopian Telecom, (both prepaid or postpaid), who are over 18 years old, excluding all employees, representatives and agents of the ORGANIZERs, their respective parents and/or affiliated companies, and those with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled. The person that owns the SIM card or has express authorization from the SIM card’s owner to use it is considered the PARTICIPANT, regardless of the actual user of the phone.
3. Product Features
- First of its kind service targeting Mobile Subscribers.
- It is a WAP and SMS based subscription service.
- Low prices make the service pocket friendly.
- Over 10000+ questions on the portal to take care of a participants’ appetite.
- Various Categories to cater to people with different taste.
- Product will work for people using any Data APN.
The product is designed to suit the local market requirements.
5. Pricing / Billing Model
The Quiz Club portal will offer the program on subscription basis and User will be charged daily at ETB 1/DAY inclusive of all taxes.
6. Winner selection, notification and Prize forfeiture
- Subscriber with higher points would be selected as winner at the end of every quiz period.
- The winner is required to provide proof of eligibility and sign a Prize acceptance form (as requested by the ORGANIZER) before Prizes can be collected. If the winner fails to provide sufficient proof within fifteen (15) business days, he is disqualified and forfeits the Prize and the next runner up is contacted.
- The Prize Winner may be required to be available for media interviews.
7. Abuse and disqualification
The ORGANIZERs may refuse to award any Prize if any irregularities or fraudulent activities are detected.
8. Organizer’s responsibilities
ORGANIZERs responsibility is strictly limited in giving the Loyalty Prize. The ORGANIZERs cannot be held responsible for any delay or impossibility of sending, receiving and/or billing SMS messages because of a technical problem. All the SMS messages will be considered received by the ORGANIZERs when they are registered in the PROGRAMME’s IT system and not when they are sent by the PARTICIPANT. All the SMS messages will be considered received by the PARTICIPANT at the moment they were sent from the PROGRAMME’s IT system. PARTICIPANTS recognize and accept that the journal of the informatics system of the PROGRAMME’s IT System is the proof of the date, hour, minute and second of their receiving/sending each SMS message.
9. Personal Data Protection
- By participating in the PROGRAMME, the PARTICIPANTS expressly agree that personal data which they supply shall be processed by the ORGANIZERs for the purposes of executing the PROGRAMME and also for the purpose of publicizing the PROGRAMME and the ORGANIZERs. It is hereby specified that the ORGANIZERs guarantees that publicity, entailing the sharing with third parties of personal data supplied as a result of participation in the PROGRAMME, (including through television, the press, leaflets and other means and formats of communication) shall be made only with respect to the winner of the Prize and will only indicate the given names and surname of the winner, their location or place of residence, image and voice (contained in photographic records, audio, video and other types of records, made with the purposes of publicity connected to the PROGRAMME). The winning PARTICIPANT gives, through their participation in the PROGRAMME, express consent for the use of this data in formats herein defined. Following the termination of the PROGRAMME, the personal data will be destroyed.
- In accordance with local laws and regulations, the ORGANIZER respects the privacy of PARTICIPANTS of this PROGRAMME, by which it is committed to the use of technology in a transparent form and in strict observance of the rights, freedom and guarantees of the citizens and by the reservation of the intimacy of their private and family life. The personal data collected within the scope of this PROGRAMME will be treated as private and confidential. It shall not be disclosed to other individuals or organisations, except in the event of legislation to the contrary or where such is authorised by the PARTICIPANTS themselves. The data will be stored on servers with access controlled on a need-to-know basis and limited by passwords.
10. Governing Law & Amendments
- This PROGRAMME will be organized under and governed by the laws and statutes of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
- These Terms & Conditions are valid during the PROGRAMME PERIOD until amended or suspended by the ORGANIZERs.
Ethotel User can subscribe to service by sending “OK” to the PROGRAMME’s short code 6660.
Subscriber can terminate their subscription by sending “STOP” to the PROGRAMME’s short code 6660.